The Secret Tasting Kitchen is a building in Reykjavik, and the only building in it. Here, you'll be able to create your own bars, coffees, infusions, truffles, coffee blends, or exotics.
Step 1: Choosing Your Ingredients Edit
First you need to choose your ingredients to use in your product. You can choose any ingredients, as long as you fill in all spaces. Once you have chosed your ingredients, click Taste It. If you do not like your ingredients, you can always press Start Over or click on any ingredient. When you select Taste It, Teddy Bamuister will give you some feedback. Below is some of the feedback he can give, depending on how much of a category of ingredient is placed.
- Too much Sugar: "Blech! That combination is far too sweet on the tongue."
- Too much Cacao: "Without something to sweeten it, raw cacao has a pretty bitter taste. Try some sweetener."
- Too much Fruits: "That's a berry burst of antioxidants!"
- Coffee in Chocolate: "What's this? Are you making chocolate or coffee?!"
- Too much Dairy: "That recipe seems a bit heavy on the dairy. Try mixing it up a bit!"
- Too much Flavour: "All that flavouring masks the taste of our delicious cacao. Try toning it down a bit."
- No coffee beans in Coffee: "How can you make coffee without coffee beans? Be sure to include some!
- No cacao in Chocolate: "You won't be making too much chocolate without a base of cacao beans!"
- No variety: "Without a little variety in your recipe, you may as well be selling raw ingredients!"
- Perfect ingredient choices: "This combination works for me! Click Next Step to design, name and describe your creation!"
Teddy will also give feedback on ingredient combinations, single ingredients, and existing recipes. When you are happy with your ingredients and you heard Teddy's feedback, click Next Step to move on the fun bit - designing your recipe.
Step 2: Designing Your Product Edit
At this step, you can design your product. You can choose what it will look like and what colour it can be. You have a selection of an extensive 65 colours for all four parts of the recipe's appearance. You can also select Randomise to get a random look of your product. Once you have finished designing it, give it a name, description, and select Add Recipe. If you want to change the ingredients, select Go Back. When you confirmed that your recipe is finally done, you'll see it in your recipes book. If it is your first one, straight after you create it, there will be an order where someone will order your product.
Ingredient Groups Edit
Cacao: Balinese Cacao, Peruvian Cacao, Truffle Powder, Cacao, Colombian Cacao, Honduran Cacao, Doualan Cacao.
Coffee: Kona Coffee, Morrocan Coffee, Cuban Coffee, Balinese Coffee, Colombian Coffee, Espresso Beans.
Dairy: Butter, Milk, Cream, Whipped Cream.
Sugar: Sugar, Maple Syrup, Caramel, Honey.
Fruits: Blueberries, Dates, Lemons, Wild Limes, Raspberries, Strawberries, Coconuts, Oranges, Currants, Cherries, Mangoes, Pumpkins
Nuts: Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Cashews, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Pistachios, Sesame Seeds.
Flavour: Anise, Amaretto, Mint, Allspice, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sea Salt, Candied Rose Petals, Vanilla, Wasabi, Whiskey, Orange Liqueur, Coffee Liqueur, Saffron, Cloves, Ginger, Cardamon Pods, Cayenne Peppers.