Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients is the second video game in the Chocolatier series.
|Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients|
The game begins on the year 1925, about 40 years after the events of the first game, ''Chocolatier''. During recent years, Baumeister Confections had once again fallen into hard times. They had failed to stay competitive in the marketplace. At the start of the game, Alexandra Tangye greets the player in the company's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. She then explains the core mechanics of the game to the player if the player wishes.
Alex has a plan to turn the fate of the company around, which later turns out as developing new recipes that involves the use of secret ingredients. The player has to develop his or her own chocolate company to secretly assist in Alex's plan.
As the game progresses, the player discovers new secret locations and secret ingredients that can only be purchased in those places. The player gets a chance to get ownership of the research facility that allows him or her to develop recipes using secret ingredients that has the highest profit margins in the game.
Towards the end of the game, Joseph Tangye, Alex's father, finds out Alex and the player's plan. Furious, he sends Alex away to Mount Merapi in Jakarta, Indonesia, and scolds the player about assisting in her plan. While on exile, Alex realizes that she should take over Baumeister Confections itself to succeed.
The game ends when the player convinces the Board of Directors with Exotics, a new product line introduced in the game, and obtains the signature to become the CEO of Baumeister Confections.
Differences from the first gameEdit
- The concept of secret ingredients has been introduced for the first time.
- The Chocolate Tasting Laboratory has been introduced for the first time.
- The concept of seasonal ingredients has been introduced for the first time.
- New product lines were introduced, including Sauces, Pralines, and Exotics. Bars have been omitted from this game; the first type of confection that the player can manufacture is Squares.
- The number of ingredients required for a case of Infusion has been reduced from 5 to 4.
- The "color-matching" system in the chocolate-making mini game has been introduced for the first time.
- The price range of ingredients and chocolates have been raised compared to the first game.
In this game, there are 6 types of product lines.
Among the recipes for twelve types of confections in each product line, up to 11 recipes make use of secret ingredients. They have to be developed by the player in the Chocolate Tasting Laboratory. Other recipes can be obtained by accomplishing quests.